1. Our Data Promise to you
2. Who does this privacy notice apply to?
3. What data do we collect?
4. How do we keep it secure?
5. How do we collect Personal Data?
6. How do we use your Personal Data?
7. Who we share your data with
8. How long is your information kept?
9. Cookies and how we use them
10. Our Audio, podcasts and Magazine Apps
11. Online Behavioural Advertising
12. Logging in using social networking
13. Opting out on Receipt of Marketing Communications and campaigns
14. Your customer rights in the UK
Our Data Promise to you
Who does this privacy notice apply to?
This notice applies to:
· our service users who access our services such as our website or content anywhere on the web, such as, users who watch our content, submit content to us, participate in our surveys and focus group and other users;
· our clients, suppliers and business partners; and
· other persons who interact with us, when you call us or email us. However, job applicants should read our recruitment privacy notice.
This notice applies to you whether you act in your personal capacity or as an employee or agent of an organisation.
What data do we collect?
We collect both non-personal and personal data on an ongoing basis. Personal:
· IP address
· Email address
· Telephone number
· Demographic details
· Behavioural data (what you are interacting with on our site)
· Device data (e.g. Phone, desktop, tablet)
Web browser details, operating system data, date and time stamps, clothing & accessory size information
How do we keep it secure?
We maintain appropriate organisational and technological safeguards to help protect against unauthorised use, access to or accidental loss, alteration or destruction of the personal data we hold. We also seek to ensure our third-party service providers do the same. However, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be completely secure and failsafe. As such, Crypto Daily Pte Ltd is not able to warrant or guarantee the complete security of any personal information that you provide and it is important that you are aware that providing any such information is done so
entirely at your own risk
How do we collect Personal Data?
· Directly from you, when you sign up for our services and when you browse one of our sites
· Personal data we generate about you, e.g. personal data we use to authenticate you, or personal data in the form of your IP address or your preferences
· Personal data we collect from third parties, e.g. personal data that helps us to combat fraud or which we collect, with your permission, when you interact with your social media accounts
· Personal data that we hold on your to perform our duties as a processor like hosting of websites and our services.
Your personal information is not collected from you automatically, simply as a result of your accessing this web site other than some information about your device or IP for identification to ensure correct tracking and analysis and to combat fraudulent activity.
If you choose to register, Crypto Daily Pte Ltd will request information such as your name, email address, address, telephone number or other contact details as required. This information will then be held by us as it is necessary for us to carry out the services for which you registered. We also use this information to improve the
function of the web site and to prevent any abuse to the web site.
In connection with some elements of the services, we also receive additional personal data about you from other organisations who have collected personal data from you, such as our commercial partners.
How do we use your Personal Data?
We use personal data collected through our sites and apps only when we have a valid reason and the legal grounds to do so. We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected your personal data. The legal ground may be one of the following:
· Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive marketing emails from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time. In the case of marketing emails you can withdraw your consent by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email or by emailing [email protected]
· Performance of a contract with you (or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract with you): For example, where you have purchased a product from us and we need to use your contact details and payment data in order to process your order and deliver your product.
· Compliance with law: In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to use or keep your personal data.
· Our legitimate interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our readers, promote our services and operate our sites and apps efficiently for the creation, publication and distribution of content online. Examples of when we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal data include:
1. When we analyse what content has been viewed on our sites, so that we can understand how they are used and improve our content
2. To carry out marketing analyses to better understand your interests and preferences so that we can make our marketing more relevant to your interests and preferences. This includes when we promote our own products and services. For example, we look at what you have viewed on our sites or what products have bought. You can opt out from having your personal data used for marketing analyses by emailing [email protected]
3. To show you personalised advertising by identifying your interests and to create “segments” of particular types of audiences so that we may show you advertisements that may be more relevant to your interests and the ‘’segments’’ you may be in. These ‘’segments’’ are also used to inform the building of custom audiences so that we can identify our audience across third party websites, such as social media platforms like Facebook.
4. To collect and log IP addresses to improve the website and monitor website usage
5. To personalise our services (for example, so you can sign in) by remembering your settings, and recognising you when you sign in on different devices
6. Enabling you to share our content with others using social media or email
7. When responding to your queries and to resolve complaints
9. Who we share your data with
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Web site. These companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please see: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
All the information that Crypto Daily Pte Ltd sites collect via the web site or correspondence is used to help Crypto Daily Pte Ltd understand more about who uses the web site and to help improve the web site and the services that it offers. It will also help Crypto Daily Pte Ltd to send communications to you that may be of interest.
We do share information about users with third parties order to promote, sell or enhance the products and services we provide but we only disclose such information in an aggregated or anonymised form so that the information is incapable of identifying you as an individual,
unless you have given us prior consent to do so. We take the privacy of our users very seriously, we do not rent, sell or share your personal data with other people without gaining your consent to do so. However, in limited circumstances, your personal data may be passed to a third party in any one of these circumstances without explicit consent:-
· If Crypto Daily Pte Ltd have a duty to do so or if the law allows or requires Crypto Daily Pte Ltd to do so;
· If Crypto Daily Pte Ltd or its assets are sold to or purchased by another company or person;
· To affiliated businesses or subsidiary or parent companies of Crypto Daily Pte Ltd.
· If Crypto Daily Pte Ltd wishes to or is required to pass on your information to a third party in these limited circumstances, it will send an email notice and give you the opportunity to opt-out.
Crypto Daily Pte Ltd may use the personal information that you have provided to contact you by any of the methods which you input. If you have provided us with your email, you will be added to Crypto Daily Pte Ltd newsletter database and you will receive content, news and additional information about new services, features or products from the site your signed up via in the Crypto Daily Pte Ltd group and other sites within Crypto Daily Pte Ltd group. If you do not want to be contacted in this way then please click where indicated when you are completing any of the online forms where you initially input your personal details, by changing your personal details on the [“personal details”] page when you are logged on to the web site, or by contacting Crypto Daily Pte Ltd via the contact page at any time after submitting your personal details.
As the Internet is a global network, there may be instances when your personal data travels across international borders. This may include transfers outside the EU and the EEA. If you do voluntarily input any personal information via this web site or send correspondence, then in doing so you are authorising Crypto Daily Pte Ltd to transfer your personal data in this way.
How long is your information kept?
We will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes listed above (section 6.) or longer, as may be required by law. Generally, we will keep your personal information for 6 years from collection. However, in practice the retention period will likely be shorter if the information is no longer needed or longer if required for lawful purposes.
After the retention period, your personal data will either be securely deleted or anonymised and it may be used for analytical purposes. You must back up your data if you wish to keep it for longer.
Cookies and how we use them
· To provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on our sites.
· For statistical purposes to track how many users we have and how often they visit our websites.
· We use organisation to collect anonymous user information so they can analyse how the website is being used and the number of visitors.
· We and our advertisers may use statistical cookies to track who has seen an advert and clicked on it.
· To show you adverts that you may be interested in and to control the number of time you see them and measures the effectiveness of the ad campaign.
· We may use ‘Flash’ cookies to store your preference for your media player. If we do not use them, it may not be possible for you to watch some video content.
· You have the ability to accept or decline cookies, when you use the website for the first time via “see all options” link on the “pop up” banner, but please be aware that for some parts of our sites to work, you will need to accept cookies.
· For more information about third party cookies generated by advertisers, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org and/or com
Types of Cookies
These are essential to the running of a Crypto Daily Pte Ltd owned website. They include Session cookies, which enable you to carry out essential functions on Crypto Daily Pte Ltd owned websites like maintaining login details for the session or a transaction. Session cookies are not stored on your computer and the information these cookies collect is anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other website. These cookies will expire when you close your web browser session.
Cookies defined, as ‘Functionality’ will not be used to target you with adverts on other websites.
STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES
These cookies allow you to move around our websites and use essential features like secure areas and shopping baskets. These cookies do not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet.
Cookies defined, as ‘Strictly Necessary’ will not be used to target you with adverts or remember your preference or username beyond your current visit.
These cookies collect information about how you use our website, such as which pages you visit. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you, as all the information collected is anonymous and is only used to help us improve our websites, understand what interests you and measures how effective our advertising is.
Cookies defined, as ‘Performance’ will not be used to target you with adverts or target adverts to you on other websites, or remember your preference or username beyond your current visit. We use these cookies to understand how our website is performing to enable us to make improvements to enhance your browsing experience.
These cookies are linked to services provided by third parties. We use these cookies for social media sharing; providing advertising agencies with information on your visit so that they can show you adverts that you may be interested in when you return to the website or visit other third party websites and deliver content and marketing communication which are tailored to your interests based on you your visit. We also enable some advertising partners to set cookies specifically to enable them to analyse advertising campaign performance.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Some third party sites may drop cookies on your device with consent or with legitimate interest
Cookies set by Crypto Daily Pte Ltd and its partners
WordPress – *wp*
Strictly Necessary, Functional
Logging into the website, sessions and commenting
Tracking impressions and user behaviour
Advertistings, Analytics, Targeting
Ad targeting, personalisation, tracking and analytics
For Consent management platform and user options of GDPR and CCPA
Website usage and tracking
Performance, Analytics, Targeting
User targeting, behaviour tracking, and audience matching.
Push notification analytics tracking
Website analytics tracking for impression information
For Consent management platform and user options of GDPR and CCPA
Strictly Necessary, Functional, performance
Logging into forums, settings and personalisation
Strictly Necessary, Functional
Logging into forums, settings and personalisation
Performance, Analytics, Targeting
Headerbidding cookies to record preferences for advertising and vendor tracking
Our Audio, podcasts and Magazine Apps
If you use any of our apps on your mobile device, we will process the following information:
· Your location, you may decline this request, but this may mean that we cannot offer relevant services and information that are relevant to your area.
· Your device ID, this will be processed automatically.
· Your email address, if you create an account used to contact you and to recognise you when you contact us.
· Your age and gender, if you provide it.
· You may edit your details, opt-out of advertising profiling or de-activate your account at any time by selecting ‘Account Preferences’ from the ‘More’ menu on your app.
Online Behavioural Advertising
We use an advertising service called online behavioural advertising (OBA). This allows us to deliver targeted advertising to the visitors of our websites. It works by showing you adverts that are based on your browsing patterns and the way you have interacted with the website. For example, if you have been reading a lot of car articles, you may be shown more adverts for cars.
With consent, we use data to:
– analyse user cohorts and behaviours across our website; we build aggregated audiences around key attributes and behaviours.
– facilitate targeted advertising on sites owned by Crypto Daily Pte Ltd to provide relevant advertisements to you and to make effective use of advertising inventory.
We facilitate the above functions by using advertising technology providers:
Liveramp – When you log into our website, we may share information that we collect from you, such as your email (in hashed, pseudonymous form), IP address, or information about your browser or operating system, with our partner LiveRamp. LiveRamp uses this information to create an online identification code for the purpose of recognizing you on your device. This code does not contain any of your identifiable personal data and cannot be used to re-identify you. We place this code in our cookie and allow it to be used for online and cross-channel advertising. It may be shared with our advertising partners and other third party advertising companies globally for the purpose of enabling interest-based content or targeted advertising throughout your online experience (e.g. web, email, connected devices, and in-app, etc). These third parties may in turn use this code to link demographic or interest-based information you have provided in your interactions with them. You have the right to express a choice regarding our sharing of this data with LiveRamp for the above purposes, of the creation of this code, or of our sharing of the code with our advertising partners.
When you use our website, we share information that we may collect from you, such as your email (in hashed, de-identified form), IP address or information about your browser or operating system, with our partner, LiveRamp Inc and its group companies (‘LiveRamp’). LiveRamp may drop a cookie on your browser or directly in our emails and match your shared information to their on- and offline marketing databases and those of its advertising partners to create a link between your browser and information in those other databases. Similarly, when you use our mobile apps, we may also share hashed and de-identified email addresses, mobile device ID, location data, and advertising identifiers with LiveRamp, which uses that information to create a link between your mobile device and its databases. This link may be shared by our partners globally for the purpose of enabling interest-based content or advertising throughout your online experience (e.g. cross device, web, email and in app etc.) by third parties unaffiliated with our website. These third parties may in turn link further demographic or interest-based information to your browser. You have the right to exercise your rights under GDPR including opting out of LiveRamp’s Cookie or Mobile Identifiers and can easily do so by clicking on this link: https://your-rights.liveramp.uk/home
If you would like more information regarding OBA and how to opt out, visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/
Logging in using social networking and Streaming services
If you login to our sites using a Facebook login or a Google login, you are granting permission to Facebook and/or Google to share your user details with us. This will include your name, email address, date of birth and location which will then be used for identification. This will also allow us and Facebook and/or Google to share your networks, user ID and any other information you choose to share according to your Facebook and/or Google account settings. If you remove the any of our Facebook apps from your Facebook and/or Google settings, we will no longer have access to this information.
Video Streaming Service
Opting out on Receipt of Marketing Communications and campaigns
If you receive a marketing email from us, you will have the option to “opt-out” by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of each Crypto Daily Pte Ltd message we send you.
If you wish to stop all marketing communications from Crypto Daily Pte Ltd, please email [email protected]
We work with a number of Push Notifications services to send you via your internet browser if you select the option to “Subscribe” via the popup message that appears when you visit the site.
We will only send you messages about relevant content, products and services available from the site. Please follow your browser’s guidance on how to stop push notifications for the site in question.
Links on Chrome
Link for Safari
Promotions, Competitions and Events
If you choose to enter a competition and promotion on a website owned and operated by Crypto Daily Pte Ltd which co-branded with another brand/partner, we will also provide the data to that brand/partner. In this case we make it known to you at the point you submit your personal data and you withdraw your consent at any point after.
From time to time, our marketing communications may feature content from third party brands. We will not share personal data with these brands, without your explicit consent.