- KCS breaks new all time high on Nov 8, reaching $22.5
- KCS is the native token of KuCoin and it’s one of the few CEX tokens that holders can get daily passive income. Holding at least 6 KCS can get a daily KCS bonus, which comes from 50% of KuCoin daily revenue.
- Other use cases of KCS include getting a 20% trading fee discount on KuCoin, participating in Spotlight (IEO) and Burningdrop (new coin mining), booking a trip on Travala and more.
- As the native token of KCC public chain, KCS will be the fuel to empower onchain transactions, liquidity mining and more. The TVL of KCC approaches 40 million with lots of interesting DApps emerging.
- In comparison with other CEX tokens, KCS is the top runner, with a 1345% up in price since the beginning of this year.
1. What is KCS?
KCS is the native token of KuCoin, which was launched back in 2017 as a utility token that allows traders to share the growth benefit of the exchange. The total supply of KCS was set at 200 million, and there is a planned buyback and burn until just 100 million KCS remain.
2. How is KCS related to KuCoin?
As the native token of KuCoin, the value of KCS is strongly correlated with KuCoin exchange platform.
KuCoin is a global cryptocurrency exchange for numerous digital assets and cryptocurrencies. Launched in September 2017, KuCoin has grown into one of the most popular crypto exchanges. It currently provides Spot trading, Margin trading, P2P fiat trading, Futures trading, Staking, and Lending to its 8 million users in 207 countries and regions around the world.
Known as "People’s Exchange", KuCoin provides users with 24/7 multi-language customer services. Meanwhile, KuCoin has established about 19 local communities in North America, Europe, SEA and other regions, providing users with highly localized services.
As the home of crypto gems, KuCoin has supported over 540 projects with 960+ trading pairs. A number of promising projects like BLOK, KDA, ZKT, and MOVR had primary listing on KuCoin.
In November 2018, KuCoin announced $20 million (USD) round A funding from IDG Capital and Matrix Partners. According to CoinMarketCap, KuCoin is currently the third biggest crypto exchange. In 2021, Forbes Advisor named KuCoin as one of the Best Crypto Exchanges.
As a KCS holder, you will be able to get a daily KCS bonus which comes from 50% of KuCoin daily revenue. So as long as KuCoin grows, the daily KCS bonus will grow accordingly.
3. What is KCS Bonus?
KCS Bonus is a unique incentive mechanism for KCS holders and KuCoin ecosystem builders.
It is also regarded as one of the best ways to make passive income. Users who hold at least 6 KCS can get a daily bonus, which comes from 50% of KuCoin’s daily trading fee revenue.
The amount of rewards that users can get depends on the number of KCS holds and the trading volume of the KuCoin Exchange. With the increasing trading volume of KuCoin, the estimated APR of KCS bonus exceeds 15% lately, which makes more users willing to hold it.
4. How’s KCS related to Spotlight?
KCS holders can participate in the token sale on KuCoin Spotlight. KuCoin Spotlight is a platform that serves early-stage crypto projects and its initial token distribution. KuCoin users can participate in the early investment of their preferred projects through Spotlight, and gain profits.
According to the historical data, KuCoin has launched 14 Spotlight projects, with the highest
ROI exceeding 2763%. To name a few, LUKSO has reached a 122 times increase in token price, and PDEX price surged by 114 times.
Take LYXE as an example, now the LYXE price is $34. And the Spotlight token sale price is $0.22 USD. If you participated in LYXE's Token Sale On Spotlight at that time, your investment income would be over 100 times.
5. How’s KCS related to Burningdrop?
KCS holders can join BurningDrop. BurningDrop is a fair token distribution platform, and has supported the token distribution of a wide range of blockchain start-ups so far, including HORD, TCP, LOCG, LNCHX, XCAD, etc.
Users can access the project token by locking a designated amount of crypto assets. In addition, users can designate tokens to increase their computing power for more token distribution. So far, the average ROI of projects that were listed through BurningDrop exceeds 3814%.
6. How’s KCS related to KCC?
Another important milestone for KCS is the development of KCC, which is a decentralized public chain built by the fans of KCS and KuCoin’s fan communities. KCS is used as the only fuel and native token for KCC and can be used to pay gas fees.
KCC is a decentralized public chain with high performance. It features high throughput, low latency, low transaction cost, and satisfactory security and stability. In addition, it aims to improve the on-chain processing power and performance with the Proof of Staked Authority (PoSA) consensus mechanism by reducing the block confirmation time to within 3 seconds. It adopts KCS as the on-chain gas fee to reduce the overall transaction costs. By building up a "faster transaction confirmation speed," "higher transaction performance," and "lower transaction fees," KCC aims to provide community users with faster, more convenient, and lower-cost experiences.
The number of KCS addresses grew steadily in 2021. We’ve seen a positive impact on the growth of KCS holders after the mainnet launch of KCC in this June, the KCS address growth on the KCC public chain contributed to 45% of the overall growth this quarter.
According to KCC Discover, the TVL in KCC is close to 40 million with projects like Mojitoswap, Kuswap emerging.
7. What is KCS burn?
KCS’s tokenomics is deflationary. The KCS team is executing KCS buyback and burn regularly.
Starting from January 2021,to accelerate the process of KCS burn and adapt to the market development more efficiently, the KCS team decides to adjust the period of KCS buyback and burn from each quarter to each month.
In each period, 10% of the net profit will be applied to the buy-back of KCS. In the past three months, more than $6.68 million KCS has been burnt, and it surged almost 14x QOQ. In 2021, KuCoin has burnt over $20 million KCS, about 3x higher than the accumulated burnt value in 2019 and 2020.
8. Where has KCS been listed?
KuCoin is the biggest market for KCS with a daily average volume of 20 million. The liquidity of KCS keeps improving, as KCS has been listed on exchanges including KuCoin, MXC, Poloniex, AscendEX (formerly Bitmax) and Probit.
9. What are the other use cases of KCS?
KCS, as a payment method, also has a lot of use cases in daily life. You can go shopping on the internet, book a hotel and play games via KCS. More application scenarios as fellowed:
1) SwirlPay, a decentralized payment service, supports KCS payments.
2) PlayGame, a direct-to-play gaming platform, enables users to play games with KCS.
3) KCS can be used to make hotel reservations on Travala, the leading blockchain travel booking platform.
4) Purchase fashionable products on Print-ted with KCS.
5) KCS is able to serve various offline and online payment scenarios via Pundi X.
6) Use KCS to buy monster card packs on Splinterlands.
7) Collateralize KCS to borrow US Dollars (USD) and Vietnamese Dong (VND) on Constant.
8) CoinPayments, a borderless online payment platform, accepts payments in KCS.
9) BetProtocol added KCS as the main token used on their gaming applications.
Disclaimer: This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not offered or intended to be used as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.