Gemini Exchange – the New York-based regulated cryptocurrency exchange, wallet, and custodian – has gone big on DeFi, gaming, NFT, and infrastructure tokens. The crypto exchange owned by the Winklevoss brothers is now offering trading and custody support for a total of 33 cryptos, with a further 10 cryptos available for custody.
The Exchange said in a blog post:
“As the Decentralized Finance (DeFi) revolution has come into bloom, over the past weeks we have seen an explosion of interest around digital art and NFTs (non-fungible tokens), and we are excited to continue supporting the development of the space.”
DeFi Tokens Listed
- Bancor(BNT): Bancor is an on-chain liquidity protocol that enables automated, decentralized exchange (DEX) on Ethereum and across blockchains. Users can add liquidity to the automated market makers (AMM) pools in Bancor and earn trading fees, staking rewards, and voting rights in the Bancor DAO.
- 1inch (1INCH): 1inch is an AMM and DEX aggregator that connects several DEXes into one platform and allows users to find the most efficient swapping routes cross-platform.
- Loopring (LRC): Loopring is an open protocol for building high-performance, order-book Ethereum-based DEXs. Their goal is to build highly scalable exchanges without compromising security.
NFT Tokens Listed
- Enjin (ENJ): Enjin is a Singapore-based technology company that provides services for building gaming communities and services for blockchain game developers. Enjin operates a virtual goods marketplaces for in-gaming items. Developers can also use ENJ to mint digital assets.
- The Sandbox (SAND): The Sandbox is a virtual world where players can build, own, and monetize their gaming experiences using non-fungible tokens(NFTs).SAND is the utility token in this ecosystem.
Infrastructure Tokens Listed
- Skale (SKL): Skale Network is a layer-2 blockchain solution that enables the creation of decentralized applications in a secure, reliable, and cost-effective manner. The developers pay with SKL tokens to the SKALE network for SKALE Chains.
- The Graph (GRT): The Graph is a data query marketplace built on the Ethereum blockchain that powers dApps like Uniswap and Synthetix. GRT is used to pay for data queries and incentivize node operators on The Graph Network
Trading Pairs Available
Along with announcing the projects, Gemini noted the following too:
"Trading on our mobile app and web will open on a rolling, token-by-token basis for $USD, $GBP, $EUR, $CAD, $AUD, $HKD, and $SGD trading pairs."
Disclaimer: This article is provided for informational purposes only. It is not offered or intended to be used as legal, tax, investment, financial, or other advice.