Although the value of its native token TRX, is down, the TRON project continues to flourish and continues to expand with the launch of their latest project, named TRON Accelerator. Launched this weekend and set to run through the rest of 2018, the TRON Accelerator is fostering new development within the TRON blockchain, giving developers the chance to make their plans a reality and in return, giving TRON access to bright minds, all of whom are able to help the TRON project grow.
TRON as a direct competitor to Ethereum
Let’s remember that the TRON project is somewhat of a competitor to Ethereum, since TRON moved onto its own blockchain in the middle of 2018. TRON, like Ethereum facilitates the development of dApps, or decentralised applications that allow users engage with the blockchain in order to carry out certain tasks or activities. One of the most famous dApps, Cryptokitties, is one example of how the blockchain can be used for more than just validating transactions, instead, through the use of dApps, developers can create games, financial solutions and even smart contracting dApps, this is exactly what the TRON Accelerator aims to encourage.
Simply put, TRON believe their blockchain is faster and better than Ethereum’s, they want TRX to surpass Ethereum as a token and moreover, they believe that projects such as TRON Accelerator will encourage TRON to do just that, by improving the reputation and popularity of TRON.
The big question then, what is the TRON Accelerator?
According to TRON:
“TRON Accelerator is a $1 million USD program aiming to empower developers and foster innovation within the blockchain industry. Developer teams are invited to submit their decentralized application project, build on the TRON protocol, and compete for one of the most ambitious Blockchain hackathons ever hosted.”
TRON Accelerator Rules
Sounds good, but there are a few rules to follow, just in case you’re a developer that wants in on the action:
- Developers can apply and participate individually or in a team. No maximum members per team.
- All team members must have completed their registration and agree to the contest rules to participate.
- All development must be based on the TRON protocol. More information about TRON’s protocol on our documentation platform and on our Github.
- Submissions must be turned in prior to the deadline on January 4th, 2019, Midnight (PST). Participants must use the following form for submission and include operable program, code, descriptive documentation using a Github link.
- Registration to the contest must be completed and submitted before January 1st, 2019 Midnight (PST).
- Submissions must be in English or Simplified Chinese only.
- Participants are legally responsible for their projects.
- Prizes are product based. Teams can submit multiple products and potentially obtain multiple prizes.
- Winning teams are subject to a code review before the competition ends and judging begins.
Why have TRON launched this?
To many, this might seem like a bit of a complicated PR stunt, but actually, it’s fostering the next generation of developers is something that TRON as passionate about.
According to TRON:
“We would like to share our high performance blockchain infrastructure with all the developers, providing a platform for developers to build their DApps on TRON’s Network with high transaction speed, low development fees and user-friendly experience, and at the same time, boosting the TRON DApp ecosystem.”
This is an exciting project, one that has real world implications and one that could see some exciting new developments on the TRON blockchain. For more information, check out the TRON Accelerator website: https://tronaccelerator.io/.
To celebrate reaching a landmark 1,000 subscribers on YouTube, as promised, we are launching an Ethereum giveaway during which one lucky winner will be selected to receive 1ETH for taking part in our competition!
How to get involved:
To take part in our giveaway, follow these simple steps:
- Visit the Crypto Daily Official YouTube Channel
- Comment on any new video uploaded on our channel between the 15th of November 2018 and the 30th of November 2018.
- Don’t leave ‘spammy’ comments, engage in the videos and let us know what you think!
- Make sure you subscribe to our channel!
After the 30th of November 2018, we will select one winner at random who has commented on videos uploaded on our channel between the 15th of November 2018 and the 30th of November 2018.