Could TRX Be Decentralised Even More?
On the 25th June, TRON held its Independence Day in which there was a group of special representatives which were tasked in launching the Genesis block. The group was known as the TRON Independent Group (TIG) which was a community consensus-based group consisting of 27 anonymous, volunteer Genesis Representatives. The duties of the group during the transition into the TRON Network included:
Back then, the plan was to replace the Genesis Representatives with the newly elected Super Representatives following the first SR election that began straight after the day on the 26th of June.
With this in mind, the leader of TRONâs public chain division, Marcus Zhao revealed that the proposal to eliminate the power of the Genesis Representatives will be approved. Zhao made the announcement through his official Twitter as you can see below:
This is the second such vote with the first one being originally disapproved following it failing to achieve the required 19 votes from the Super Representatives. During the initial attempt in late October, there was only got 16 votes. With the new vote to remove the power of the GR, there are already 20 votes on the table and so it has surpassed the 19 required and will, therefore, be approved.
As stated by Ethereum World News:
- âProviding Super Representatives with a fast track for TRX migration
- Providing exchange services for major exchanges that support TRX token migration
- They were entrusted with the 342 million TRX held by TRON foundation and stored them in a distributed manner to reduce risk
- Organizing the 12-hour livestream during the Independence Day
- Handing out a small number of TRX during the 12-hr livestream so the members of the TRON community could test the different features of TRON mainnetâ
âSesameseed â a Super Representative on the Tron Network â recently published a post on their medium page exploring the effects of the removal of the G.Rs. The action to remove them, cannot be reversed for it is hardcoded into the proposal itself.â
What are your thoughts? Let us know what you think down below in the comments!