If you have invested a lot of money into Bitcoins
, and are wondering what to do with them, why not treat yourself to a holiday. You can now book everything you need, from flights, to accommodation and even your car rental, and pay for them with this popular virtual currency.
Bitcoins value has absolutely skyrocketed in the past couple of months, which has made this cryptocurrency very popular indeed. This alternative currency is slowly creeping into the mainstream, and whilst it was only professionals investing before, everyday people are now dipping their toes into this ever growing pool. This has led to more businesses adopting this into their payment options.
Here is how you can use your Bitcoins to book your next trip away.
- In 2013, CheapAir.com became the first online travel agency in the world to accept Bitcoin payments. The company, which is based in California offers flights on all major airlines, to airports worldwide.
- com; a Spanish travel agency, also accepts Bitcoins as payment. It is very simple to do when you are booking – you simply need to change the currency at the top right of the homepage to BTC.
- If you are looking to travel to continental Europe, ABitSky.com is the site to go to.
- The national airline of Latvia, airBaltic has been accepting Bitcoins for three years now.
- Japanese air carrier, Peach Aviation has recently started accepting Bitcoins for flights through South Asia.
- Buy a loved one a gift using Bitcoin, and visit eGifter.com – an online gift card shop for airlines such as American Airlines, Delta and Southwest Airlines.
- If you have seen all the earth has to offer, why not use your Bitcoin to purchase a ticket into space with Virgin Galactic. These are expected to be running before the end of 2018.
- CheapAir and Destinia are two travel agents who accept Bitcoin payments.
- Global company Expedia accepts Bitcoin for hotel bookings, using the Coinbase platform to secure the transfer of digital money.
- Buy gift cards in Bitcoin at Gyft.com and then spend them at Hotels.com.
- Or visit Airbnb’s European rival 9flats.com, for cheaper accommodation that accepts Bitcoin.
- CheapAir and Destinia allow you to book your cars as well.
- If you are planning a road trips, visit CoinFuel, which allows you to purchase fuel cards in Bitcoin that can then be used at a variety of gas stations around the US.
- Or if you don’t want to do the driving, the site also offers Uber gift cards.
Image Source: Flickr
- CoinMap will allow you to locate shops and restaurants that accept Bitcoin once you have arrived at your destination.
- Or use a Bitcoin ATM map to help you locate places where you can fill your digital wallet.